It is important to properly insulate any home to prevent wasting of money. Attic blown in insulation is a great solution for your home to become energy efficient and more heat resistant to help you save money well over the cost. Our HVAC experts can help you with attic blown in insulation to properly insulate the areas of your house that is difficult to access after the construction is completed. It is a good way to get the insulation needed at home.
How our Attic Blown-in Insulation Works:
How much insulation do I need?
- That depends on four things: the recommended R-value, your climate, the type of heating and cooling system you have, and the section of the house you plan to insulate. For the recommended levels of insulation, the Department of Energy published a map with the R-values they recommend, in the state of Florida the minimum required is R30.
How Important is attic insulation, and do I need it?
- The attic is the most important place to install insulation because heat rises, and the roof is the most direct point of contact to the very hot boiling Sun. Therefore, to make your home more energy-efficient, it’s vital to insulate the attic. Attic insulation also prevents condensation, bacteria, and mold from forming on your framing members and plywood roof sheathing.
- Not necessarily, since adding more insulation has a cumulative impact on the overall R-value. In the attic, if the insulation is old or not securely in place in the case of batt products, it might make sense to remove it and fill in with fresh blown-in insulation. You can also just blow in new insulation on top of the existing insulation and improve the overall quality and R-value.
Will insulating my home raise the resale value of my home?
- Quite likely. A properly insulated home which is environmentally safe, fire resistant, and a continued high R value would be a valuable benefit in the future. And lower utility bills are always an attractive feature to a buyer.
Will insulation provide any sound resistance or sound proofing?
- Yes. Insulation has sound proofing qualities.
“If you ever need service for your AC, this is the place to call. The owners are SUPER nice, professional, quick and great knowledge on air conditioning etc. I recommend them with my eyes closed. They are the best!!!”Maria T.