It is in the middle of the night – you woke up feeling thirsty. You reach for a cold glass of water, but then you noticed that it is warmer than usual – “what in the world?” you may say while wondering who’s the one to blame for changing the thermostat settings.
Let me tell you, a well-functioning air conditioning unit is essential for home comfortability particularly on hot and humid days. Any adjustment in the air conditioner performance can be a little daunting, right? But before you dial the number of your HVAC experts, why not check your thermostats first? Minor problems with your thermostat can lead to serious conflict with the performance of your air conditioning system. In an HVAC system, the thermostat is not only essential but also a complicated one.
Top 5 crucial thermostat issues:
- Improper Thermostat Installation. Cleaning your air conditioning unit can be a “do-it-yourself” type of situation, but thermostat installation? It is not as easy as you think. It requires experience and proper training. If any thermostat installation issues arise, your air conditioning unit will not function properly. Resolving this issue all by yourself is not the wisest choice since it can cause serious damage to your air HVAC system and electrical wirings.
- Old Thermostat. Older thermostats are most likely to experience a lot of problems than newly installed ones. Just like any other appliance, they can’t last forever. If you notice any strange changes in your thermostat, you need to change it immediately.
- Your thermostat is dirty. Dirt and dust affect the thermostat’s ability to function effectively and can interfere with its daily operation. You need to ensure to clean the thermostat regularly to avoid any further problems in the future. Cleaning is very essential especially when it comes to older thermostats. By doing so, all you have to do is get a clean sheet of paper towel and clean the grime off the contacts of your thermostat.
- The thermostat is not properly leveled. Mercury bulb thermostats must be level to work effectively. A not leveled thermostat cannot function properly – almost useless since it cannot do the function to cool and set the right temperature for your home.
- Improper Thermostat Software Set Up. A programmable thermostat is a new way of keeping cool and fresh throughout the day. You can set your thermostat on a schedule thought the day, and it will automatically change the temperature when it reaches certain times. Also in the initial installation, there is a series of steps a technician has to take to properly install the thermostat to your system’s specifications. If your thermostat installation is not accurate and you see many faulty changes, it is time to consult your HVAC professionals.
Thermostats might be small, but it serves its purpose to give you reliable comfort every day. Thermostat installation is not an easy task, so you might want to leave this to your HVAC professionals. If this is not considered, it will cause you hundreds of dollars in repairs and your electricity bill.
We, The AC Therapist can provide you with fast and reliable thermostat installation and give you experienced care for your heat and air. If you want to know more about thermostats that will suit your HVAC unit, why not give us a call at (813) 548-5699. We can help you with your daily HVAC needs ranging from cleaning to installation because, for us, you are a priority.