Summers in Florida are filled with two realities – the sun-drenched beach days and the thick humidity that make each day feel like it weighs a thousand pounds. With so many sunny days each year, it’s no wonder why so many people make Florida home. Whether you’re relaxing on the beach, playing golf, or having a weekend getaway with family and friends, the summer months can be unbearable if you don’t have a home with air conditioner to retreat to when the temperature gets uncomfortable. Air conditioners are practically a necessity today, especially if you’re a homeowner living in Indian Rocks Beach. If your home has an air conditioner, then you know what an important role AC units play in the comfort of your house and those in it. When your HVAC system fails, fixing it can be quite a significant investment.
Don’t risk your investment! Call us now at (813) 548-5699 to schedule an appointment to have your system inspected.
Common Issues Requiring AC Repairs
Proper care and maintenance of your air conditioning system will go a long way towards ensuring it last well past its average lifespan. Knowing how your air conditioner does what it does can help you better understand when something goes wrong inside your unit. The most common issues your air conditioner faces are often the most easily remedied. If your air conditioner faces any of the following issues, you will need to call our Indian Rocks Beach AC repair specialists for assistance restoring your unit to operational status.
- Water Leak on Indoor Unit: When an air conditioning system has been operated without maintenance, its normal operations can become impaired. During normal operation, air conditioners produce moisture as a byproduct. This water should be drained outside the system. The moisture can’t be drained from your AC unit when it’s filled with dust, dirt, and other pollutants. All these various materials get mixed with the moisture from your system, and they form a thick mud that will clog the drain line running from your machine. Once your drain line is clogged, the moisture byproduct will have nowhere to go, and the water from your system will overflows from the inside unit. The best way to avoid this problem is to ensure your air filters are cleaned monthly.
- Reduced Airflow: It is important to understand that there is a constant flow of air going on through your AC whenever it’s in operation. This airflow goes through air filters to keep out dust, dirt, and other allergens. Your air filter is also integral to maintaining healthy air quality in your home. Once your air filters become too dirty, it will be difficult for your air conditioning system to work properly. A clogged filter means the path air uses to flow into your system will be compromised as long as the filter is filled with dirt, dust and debris. It’s vital to the continued operation of your air conditioning system that it always have a clean air filter. The truth is that most of the problems or issues that an air conditioner faced are linked in poor maintenance. When the air filter in your system is dirty, it means your system must work harder than usual to reach the temperature setting on your thermostat. When your air conditioning system has to work harder, it has to consume more electricity, which is reflected in your electricity usage.
- Refrigerant Leak: Refrigerant is required for your air conditioning system or cool your home. It’s a fluid in your system that is used to help process warm air and produce cool air. Refrigerant is not a consumable liquid. It stays inside your air conditioner to complete the cooling process. If your system has a coolant leak, it’s a sign of a problem. The only reason your system would need recharging is if there were a leak in your system. If the refrigerant in your system is depleted, it will cause your air conditioning unit to blow warm air instead of cold air.
- Thermostat Issues: If your thermostat is broken, your air conditioner will not be able to work as intended. Your thermostat is the control system for your AC system. It gives your unit instructions and ensure that the cooling process continues until your desired temperature is met. Your thermostat may be broken and need repairs, recalibration, or replacement. There are times when the problem is as simple as the thermostat being engaged to the wrong setting.
Want To Improve Your AC’s Cooling Efficiency?
Increasing the cooling efficiency of your home can help you save money on your energy bill. One of the best ways to accomplish efficient AC system use is by ensuring that your home is properly insulated. At The AC Therapist, we offer quality Attic Blown-In Insulation services. This quality insulation will not only keep your home warm during the winter season, but it will also keep it cool amidst the unforgiving summer temperatures.
Ensuring your air conditioning system is at its most efficient throughout the summer months requires an HVAC service provider with a track record of success and a commitment to excellence. At The AC Therapist, our goal is to be the one-stop home services provider you can trust with your system, come rain or shine. We are a comprehensive service provider, and your HVAC system is never in better hands than when we are repairing, maintaining, or installing it. In addition to our more than ten years of experience in the HVAC industry, our company is founded on our family values. We conduct our services with professionalism and integrity, and a commitment to customer service and satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do.
Our Indian Rocks Beach AC repair specialists can provide:
- Professionally trained expert technicians
- Timely service provided within 24 hours
- Transparency on all our services and transactions
- No hidden fees or unexpected charges
- Free estimates, with options for online booking
- Quick replies on all inquiries
- One year warranty on labor and most parts
- Financing options available
- Licensed and insured technicians
- Certified Tempstar Elite Dealer
If you take good care of your AC system, it will serve you longer than the average decade most homeowners get from there. Caring for your HVAC system involves more than just cleaning the air filters and dusting dirt off the outdoor unit. Air conditioning systems are designed to last ten years on average. Having your AC system professionally cleaned and maintained regularly can keep it working optimally while also extending its useful life.
Our Indian Rock Beach AC repair specialists are standing by, ready to serve you! Call us today at (813) 548-5699 to schedule an appointment.
The AC Therapist is not only committed to providing the best HVAC services, but also providing the right education to homeowners on how to best handle their HVAC units so that small problems do not become larger and more costly issues down the line. They are a family run HVAC company servicing those in the Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas County for over ten years. If you would like more information, feel free to give them a call at (813) 548-5699 or you can book online and get their latest discount!
“If you ever need service for your AC, this is the place to call. The owners are SUPER nice, professional, quick and great knowledge on air conditioning etc. I recommend them with my eyes closed. They are the best!!!”Maria T.