Is there anything worse than waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat because your air conditioner stopped working while you were sleeping? If you're like many homeowners, it's been years since you last serviced your HVAC system. So, if your air conditioner is on the fritz and it's hot and humid outside, you're probably left wishing you could go back in time and have your system inspected.
In addition to installation, repair, and maintenance of air conditioning units, we also offer the following services:
- UV Lights – have these installed to ensure that your home and HVAC system is adequately protected against viruses, bacteria, fungi, spores, mold, and a myriad of other allergens.
- Thermostat Installation – using state-of-the-art thermostat technology, you can better control the operation of your AC and allow it to become more efficient and easier to use. Features such as Geo-Fence Technology, Smart Learning, Wi-Fi connectivity, and schedules are available with the latest thermostat technology.
- Ductwork Installation – keeping the ductwork and air filters inside your home clean is critical to maintain the proper operation of your AC and ensure you are breathing clean air.
- Heating Repair and Maintenance – don't let the winter season catch your home heating system off-guard; schedule a preventive maintenance check with us to ensure you are ready when the cold wind starts to blow.
- Attic Blown-In Insulation – this home insulation service can help your home become heat resistant and allow your AC to become more energy-efficient, causing you great savings when it comes to your electricity bill.
At The AC Therapist, our AC repair specialists in Largo have seen it all. It's not uncommon to see an air conditioner that hasn't been serviced in a few years covered in dirt, grime, and filth. Your AC panel is made to be rugged and survive wear, tear, and abuse from the elements, but eventually, the dirt and grime will catch up with you and begin to impact your system's performance negatively.
Common Largo AC Repair Service Issues
When living in Florida, it can seem as if an air conditioner is practically a necessity. Owning such an important appliance means understanding how to care for and maintain it so it will serve you for as long as possible. Knowing how to troubleshoot your system can save you time and money. If you know what causes air conditioner trouble and how to prevent expensive repairs, you can avoid shaving years off the lifespan of your appliance. Air conditioners are built tough so they can last for many years, but getting the most out of your system requires adequate care and maintenance.
The most common AC repair issues most homeowners face include:
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is the lifeblood of an air conditioning system. Refrigerant is a chemical compound that works with your evaporator and condenser to absorb heat from your home and replace it with cool air. It is not common for refrigerant levels to sink unless there is a leak somewhere within your air conditioner. Without sufficient refrigerant, your AC will blow warm air into your home, making your space even less comfortable. If you think your air conditioner needs a coolant recharge, then you will need to call our Largo AC repair specialists to help. Before you can refill the system with coolant, you will need to have the leak located and patched.
- Clogged Drainage: During the heat exchange process, an air conditioner produces moisture that must be eliminated through the drainage pipe affixed to the system. If a system hasn't been maintained or serviced lately, dirt, grime, and dust can accumulate within the air conditioner. When this dirt and other materials mix with the moisture created during the heat exchange process, it forms a thick mud-like substance that can clog drainage pipes. When the drainage pipe is clogged, all future moisture created by the air conditioner has no place to go, so it fills up the system until it leaks out.
- Dirty Air Filters: The air filter is your air conditioner's first line of defense against dust, pet dander, and other pollutants inside your home that could interfere with the proper air circulation. All the air that goes into the air conditioner passes through the air filter, and it will become very dirty over time. When an air filter is dirty and filled with dust and dirt, it can make it more difficult for air to pass into the air conditioner. The harder your system has to work to pull in air, the less efficiently it will cool the air in a home. One of the clearest signs that an air conditioner needs a new filter is blowing warm, weak air. To troubleshoot the problem, you could start by checking the outside panel for your system. If it's difficult to access or filled with cobwebs, dirt, and debris, it's likely the air filter inside is equally dirty. Once you've located your air filter, replace it according to the manufacturer's specifications.
Fast, Reliable, And Customer-Oriented AC Repair Services In Largo
Do you want to make sure that your air conditioning unit is always operating in top shape, even during the height of a summer heatwave? At The AC Therapist, our Largo AC repair specialists are always ready to help you keep your air conditioner well maintained and ready for action. We are available for repairs 24/7, and our AC repair experts are trained to work on all the popular makes and models.
We install, repair, and service all brands of AC and HVAC equipment, including:
- American Standard
We are a family-owned and operated company, and our customers always come first. We are dedicated to the residents of this area, and our teams go above and beyond to make sure that everyone we work with is treated well. Our clients' growing number of 5-star reviews is a strong testament to how seriously we take customer satisfaction.
At The AC Therapist, we can promise you the following:
- No hidden or unexpected charges
- Lightning-fast communication
- Free estimates
- Service within 24 hours
- Professionally trained expert technicians
- one year warranty on parts and labor
- Honesty is guaranteed
Regardless of what time of day you need our services, all you need is to give us a call or schedule a booking online, and we'll contact you ASAP and make sure to set you up within 24 hours.
If you need an AC repair in Largo, call us today at (813) 548-5699 to schedule an appointment.
The AC Therapist is not only committed to providing the best HVAC services, but also providing the right education to homeowners on how to best handle their HVAC units so that small problems do not become larger and more costly issues down the line. They are a family run HVAC company servicing those in the Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas County for over ten years. If you would like more information, feel free to give them a call at (813) 548-5699 or you can book online and get their latest discount!
“If you ever need service for your AC, this is the place to call. The owners are SUPER nice, professional, quick and great knowledge on air conditioning etc. I recommend them with my eyes closed. They are the best!!!”Maria T.